D&D 5.0: Essentials Kit is everything you need to create characters and play the new adventures in this introduction to the world’s greatest roleplaying game.
Dungeons & Dragons is a cooperative storytelling game that harnesses your imagination and invites you to explore a fantastic world of adventure, where heroes battle monsters, find treasures, and overcome quests. The D&D 5.0: Essentials Kit is a new introductory product meant to bring D&D to audiences interested in jumping into a fantasy story.
This box contains the essentials you need to run a D&D game with one Dungeon Master and one to five adventurers. A newly designed rulebook on-boards players by teaching them how to make characters, and the included adventure, Dragon of Icespire Peak, introduces a new 1-on-1 rules variant.
D&D 5.0: Essentials Kit includes:
- 64-page rulebook that teaches how to create characters of levels 1-6 and play the game. Includes the introduction of sidekick rules
- Dragon of Icespire Peak, a 64-page introductory adventure
- Double-sided poster map for use with the Dragon of Icespire Peak adventure (21" x 15")
- Four-panel, folding Dungeon Master's screen (33" × 8.5")
- 6 blank character sheets
- 11 polyhedral dice
- 81 cards describing magic items, sidekicks, and other D&D game elements, plus a folding box to hold all the cards
- Codes for D&D Beyond, the official digital toolset for D&D